• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Q&A How long does the CPC Blitz course take?

Pam H.

Can anyone give me a feel for how long it typically takes to get through the CPC Blitz course? I have about 6 weeks before I take my CPC exam - is this enough time to get through it?

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Hi Pam - the videos are ~17 hours, add about that same amount of time to bubble and highlight your manual and finally time for timed practice exams. If you spend about 8-10 hours per week you can get full use of the Blitz program.

I recommend after you watch the introductory video and once you get into the CPT videos you first bubble and highlight the section you're about to learn about then watch the corresponding Blitz segment and repeat that sequence until you get to the end.

Then do TIMED practice exams using the shorter 50-60 question exams made by CCO or the AAPC. Ours are 60 questions so you can practice the "one column per hour method". Check your score and review the rationales thoroughly - even the ones you got wrong. Any you need some help with reach out to the private blitz group or at the weekly support call.

Reactions: SLW

Pam H.

Thank you so kindly, Laureen, for your reply - I'm gonna go for the Blitz. I'm just finishing up the CPC course through the AAPC, but I really wish I had known about your organization beforehand as I would have rather taken the course through you folks. I'm very impressed with CCO and the support staff - outstanding job. I'm debating turning right around and getting my COC after I pass the CPC while I'm on a roll, so I believe you have a course that is tailored for that exact scenario that fills in the blanks/differences between the two to alleviate redundant materials and costs. I'll be checking into that. Thanks for having the Q&A and support calls - you guys are golden!!

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Thanks Pam - best wishes to you!

Pam H.

Hi Stephanie - Go to the CCO website link at https://www.cco.us/ and look at the top for the heading "Blitz Reviews" and select the one(s) you're interested in. I purchased the CPT + ICD-10-CM Review Blitz Combo and am currently taking it. It is fantastic and I highly recommend it. Good luck!

Ok thanks so much Pam i will check into that....i kept seeing something about a bubble and highlight video somewhere on a thread and i hope this will lead me in that direction asdirection as well...

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
I purchased the Risk Adjustment Blitz in addition to the CPC Blitz. I will be looking at both videos in preparation for several certifications that I will be taking. The CRC exam will be scheduled in August 2016.

Paul A

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
HCC Student
ICD-10-CM BLITZ
PPM Physicians Practice Management
Ok thanks so much Pam i will check into that....i kept seeing something about a bubble and highlight video somewhere on a thread and i hope this will lead me in that direction asdirection as well...
Bubble and Highlight is part of the Blitz Course. They go hand in hand.

Here's a youtube video of a general overview of B&H method